Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Confused...
posted

Hi,

I'm at a loss here..

In the WinForms world, I have a bindingsource, set to a type.  If I add a Infragistics WinGrid and set it's DataSource to the binding source, it discovers the properties of the type and creates columns, which I can customize from there.

With WPF, I add an ObjectDataProvider, and set it to a list type (a subclass of bindinglist<T>), and then set the XamDataGrid's DataSource to the ObjectDataProvider specified in the Resources of the window.. and nothing except the group by bar which appears above the data.

If I run, the grid can find the columns and display them, but the xaml is never updated so I can easily work with the column settings and not have to type it all by hand.

Am I missing something?  Is this not how the XamDataGrid designer works?  Please tell me I'm not doomed to hand typing everything..

Thanks

Andy