Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Example of WebProgressbar as busy indicator
posted

I see the WebProgressBar (i think that is what it is) being used throughout this site as a busy indicator - just an animated progressbar onscreen between postbacks.

How is that done? The only example I've been able to find ties the progressbar to actual progress of a page. All I want is to indicate that the site is busy processing a request.

Suggested Answer
    posted

I'm not sure what part of the site you're talking about where you see a busy indicator.  As for your request to use the progress bar to show an indeterminate progress, I don't think you can do that.  It sounds like you want a wait indicator, which can be accomplished similar to this article here.

http://forums.infragistics.com/aspnet/articles/show-wait-indicator-during-webdatagrid-s-ajax-requests.aspx

Hopefully that helps.  Another option is to submit a feature request for the progress bar to have an indeterminate mode. 

regards,

David Young

posted

bkuhn392 said:
    I see the WebProgressBar (i think that is what it is) being used throughout this site as a busy indicator - just an animated progressbar onscreen between postbacks.

Are you talking about  the infinitely-scrolling progress indicator on our main website, such as the My Keys and Downloads page?  This is an animated GIF, not WebProgressBar.